Fill Your Hips: Exercises for Bigger Hips
Having well-defined and curvaceous hips is a desire for many individuals. While genetics play a significant role in determining hip size, there are exercises that can help strengthen and tone the muscles around the hips, giving them a fuller appearance. In this blog post, we will explore a range of exercises specifically designed to target the hip area and promote muscle growth. Please note that it is important to consult with a healthcare professional or certified trainer before starting any new exercise routine.
Squats are one of the most effective exercises for building bigger hips as they engage multiple muscle groups, including the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and hip adductors. To perform squats correctly:
– Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
– Lower your body by bending your knees and pushing your hips back as if you are sitting on an imaginary chair.
– Keep your chest lifted and your back straight.
– Push through your heels to return to the starting position.
To intensify the exercise, you can use dumbbells or a barbell across your shoulders. Aim for three sets of 10-12 repetitions.
2. HIP THRUST
Hip thrusts primarily target the gluteus maximus, which is the largest muscle in the buttocks. This exercise helps build strength and size in the hip area. Here’s how to perform hip thrusts:
– Sit on the ground with your upper back against a bench or elevated surface.
– Place a barbell or weight plate across your hips.
– Plant your feet firmly on the ground, shoulder-width apart.
– Drive through your heels and lift your hips off the ground until your body forms a straight line from knees to shoulders.
– Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement and then slowly lower back down.
Start with three sets of 8-10 repetitions, gradually increasing the weight as you progress.
3.SIDE-LYING LEG LIFTS
Side-lying leg lifts target the hip abductor muscles, which are responsible for moving the legs away from the midline of the body. This exercise helps tone and strengthen the hips. Follow these steps to perform side-lying leg lifts:
– Lie on your side with your legs extended and stacked on top of each other.
– Rest your head on your lower arm and place your upper hand on the floor in front of you for stability.
– Engage your core and lift your top leg as high as possible without rotating your hips or leaning backward.
– Slowly lower your leg back down to the starting position.
Complete three sets of 12-15 repetitions on each side.
4. FIRE HYDRANTS
Fire hydrants are a great exercise for targeting the gluteus medius, a muscle located on the outer side of the hip. This exercise helps create roundness and shape in the hips. Here’s how to perform fire hydrants:
– Start on all fours with your hands directly under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
– Keeping your knee bent, lift one leg out to the side until it reaches hip height.
– Pause briefly at the top of the movement, then lower your leg back down.
– Repeat on the other side.
Aim for three sets of 10-12 repetitions per leg.
Lunges are a versatile exercise that targets multiple muscle groups, including the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and hip adductors. They can help increase hip size while also improving overall lower body strength. To perform lunges correctly:
– Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
– Take a step forward with one foot and lower your body until both knees are bent at a 90-degree angle.
– Keep your front knee aligned with your ankle and your back knee hovering just above the ground.
– Push through your front heel to return to the starting position.
– Repeat on the other side.
Start with three sets of 10-12 repetitions per leg.
Incorporating these exercises into your fitness routine can help strengthen and tone the muscles around the hips, contributing to a fuller and more defined appearance. Remember to start with lighter weights or bodyweight exercises if you are a beginner and gradually increase the intensity as you progress. Consistency, proper form, and a balanced diet are key factors in achieving your desired hip size. Always consult with a healthcare professional or certified trainer before starting any new exercise program.
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new post, updates.
Prevent Fitness Injuries & Protect Yourself: 9 Expert Tips to Prevent Fitness Injuries Picture this: you’ve just started a new workout, excited to push your
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte As the leaves change color and the air turns crisp, there’s nothing quite like indulging in a warm and comforting beverage
10 Low-Calorie Coffee Recipes for Fall: Sip Your Way to Cozy Comfort Fall is a season of crisp air, colorful foliage, and cozy moments by
Vegan Coconut Caramel Macchiato Indulging in a delicious cup of coffee is a cherished ritual for many. With countless variations available, one particular concoction has